Emergency lights provide lighting in corridors, stairwells, ramps, escalators, aisles, and exit passageways in the event of a power outage. If your emergency lights fail to operate properly during an emergency situation the building occupants may become disoriented.
Routine maintenance of emergency and EXIT lighting is frequently overlooked until an emergency occurs. Regular maintenance is required by NFPA Standard No. 101, chapter 31, section 1.3.7.
Our trained technicians will perform the required testing and maintenance on emergency lights and provide you with the written records. A full discharge of each unit must be performed annually.
Testing Procedures for Emergency Lights
- 90 Minute full function test
- Disconnect AC power supply to each emergency light
- Check battery and lens
- Clean each emergency light and lens as required
- Adjust beam for proper alignment
- Place testing label on the emergency light and record in testing logTroubleshooting/repair may also include:
- Check and adjust charging system voltage
- Check battery output voltage
- Check line voltage to remote fixtures
24/7 Emergency Service